Rory James MacLaren-Jackson
About Rory M-J
I’m a Clinical Hypnotherapist, Elite Coach and specialist in personal development, human communication and behavioural change.
I’m passionate about empowering my clients to attain their definition of success by making positive changes in their mindset and behaviours.
I help both individuals and organisations to achieve this through processes such as training, coaching, and consultancy; or working at a deeper level using Advanced Hypnosis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Applied EFT, IEMT and Mindfulness. I’m also a qualified Management Consultant and vocational education Trainer, so have a broad and eclectic skill set.
A South Londoner of Irish-Scots heritage, my charismatic, straight-talking and ‘no-nonsense’ style has proved popular with clients from over 60 countries worldwide. I’m passionately dedicated to helping people change and empowering them to unlock the limitless potential of their minds. I achieve this by combining an open-minded, results-focused and sometimes unorthodox approach with a strong sense of humour. In terms of effectiveness, the client feedback that I receive speaks for itself.
I believe that ‘changing minds’ is as much an art as it is a ‘science’ and that it requires a very specific set of soft skills and level of mental agility. My approach also benefits from the fact that I am dyslexic and have the creative and problem-solving abilities that often accompany this condition.
Working with individuals on a 1-2-1 basis, I am highly experienced in helping achieve positive change, across a range of different areas and using a variety of methods and techniques.
- Clinical Hypnotherapist – own and run a permanent practice on Harley Street with two leading clinics – Advanced Hypnosis London and the specialist Harley Street Stop Smoking Clinic
- Elite Life Coach – I am the creator of the HD Coaching Method™ – a 200+ page training product and course for those wishing to become coaches or for existing coaches looking for a fresh approach
- Blogger at Human Unlocked Blog – my straight-talking view on all things personal development
- Author of the book ‘7-Day Mindfulness’ – a Top 5 Bestseller on Amazon
- Creator of the Rory M-J Human Development channel for online personal development products & services
- Qualifications include Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice and Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology (PgCert. Psychol.)
- I have trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and I am an Applied EFT (Level 2) and Integrated Eye Movement Therapy (IEMT) Practitioner
- Accredited member of the General Hypnotherapy Register, General Hypnotherapy Standards Council UK and Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- Member of an Accredited Register (AR) accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care (PSA)
- Highly respected by peers for clinical knowledge and expertise in the field of personal development (read feedback)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
- Freeman of the City of London
I’m an experienced portfolio entrepreneur-investor with a proven track record in also helping others to start, build and develop their business.
I also help companies and organisations to make necessary changes and achieve the skills and, crucially, the mindset required for sustainable growth.
Entrepreneurial background – started my first business from scratch in 2003 before successfully selling in 2011
Creator of Mind (re-)Training® – helping organisations globally to harness the power of the human mind through innovative training workshops, 1-2-1 sessions and programmes
Developed a number of other training channels with a trademark focus on ‘soft skills’ and business psychology
Since 2005, personally trained, coached and mentored start-ups that together now generate a turnover in the multi-millions
Qualified management consultant (CMCE) – Member of the Institute of Consulting (IC)
- Qualified vocational education trainer (PTLLS Level 4)
Co-wrote and developed over 25 business skills training courses including courses approved by a national awarding body
Experienced motivational speaker and public speaker
Business-related qualifications include the CMI/IC Certificate in Management Consulting Essentials, Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector – Level 4 and Post Graduate Diploma In Law (PgDL)
- Fellow of the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (FIOEE)
If you would like my help to unlock positive change in your life or for your organisation please contact me.